Businesses today increasingly recognise the challenge of having risk management, governance policies and compliance procedures in place. However, a few years ago, not many could have foreseen that one of these requirements would be digital risk management. However, to effectively navigate the digital era we find ourselves in, this facet has become one of paramount importance.
This period has seen businesses sharing information and content via multiple online channels such as social media. This brings about its own set of unique challenges, increasing the demands and costs of regulatory compliance on the compliance officer.
Are you up-to-date with the latest legislations governing the digital sphere?
Get the in-depth understanding necessary to make sound compliance decisions in today’s complex digital and regulatory environment, at the 18th Annual Conference brought to you by The Compliance Institute Southern Africa.
Book your seat now and gain critical insights from leading industry experts to help create a strong culture of compliance in your business.
Here’s what’s in store at the 18th Annual Conference
The event will kick off with Master of Ceremony Femi Adebanji from femi.speaks and will host a line-up of renowned compliance professionals presenting on regulatory updates and best practice compliance methodologies including:
- Keynote: Nothing is impossible – Braam Malherbe, Social activist and extreme adventurer.
- Keynote: The legal, disciplinary and reputational risks of social media – Emma Sadleir, Social Media Law Specialist.
- Social media: A fun place to be, or a whole new way of being? – Mike Stopforth, Cerebra.
- The cost of compliance – Michael Meadon, Thomson Reuters.
- Competition law trends and the impact of recent amendments – Vani Chetty, Baker Mckenzie Attorneys.
- Insurance compliance – a missed opportunity? – Adv. Suzette Olivier, Guardrisk Group (Pty) Ltd.
- What will you tell your board, if they ask how strong your compliance function is? – Dr Pieter van Zyl, Demix (Pty) Ltd.
- How to shape compliance tasks and processes for the future – Hubert Krattinger, Pythagoras Ltd.
- FIC Amendment Act: Implications of the risk based approach Q&A session – Pieter Smit, Financial Intelligence Centre.
- Ethics and Compliance: Two sides of the same coin? – Liezl Groenewald, The Ethics Institute (TEI).
- KING IV, A clear future – Michael Judin, Goldman Judin Inc.
- Compliance: What role service providers have in corporate compliance – Greg Chamberlin, LexisNexis.
- Robo-advice and FAIS – Juanita Moolman, Hollard Insurance Group.
- Corporate governance and doing business in Botswana – Reinette van der Merwe, Barclays Bank of Botswana.
- The evolution of regulatory compliance into the use of analytics – Jürgen Krieg, Bateleur Fico Tonbeller.
To be hosted at the popular Indaba Hotel, Spa & Conference Centre in Fourways, Johannesburg, the 18th Annual Conference promises to offer invaluable industry insights and is a must-attend event for any individual operating in compliance!
Don’t miss out. With only a few weeks left to go, you need to book your seat today and play your part in shaping the future of compliance in Africa.