For a long time, small businesses in South Africa have been affected by many ecosystem changes. From the Durban unrest to the floods, on top of the pandemic, small businesses are struggling to survive.
As such, Standard Bank came together with Thundafund and partnered to provide businesses a means to recover, rebuild and restart through resourceful crowdfunding. Crowdfunding is the act of raising small amounts of funds from a large group of people, very much like an online Stokvel.
Businesses joining this initiative get the chance to get R 50,000 worth of funding to rebuild themselves.
What Benefits Do You Get As A Business?
- Crowdfunding is a great way to shout about your business to the crowd. For every one person who funds your campaign, then that means one more customer who knows about your business. This is great marketing.
- Becoming part of this initiative gives you credibility in the market. You get to enjoy the publicity of being featured on the Thundafund Social Media, which gets you noticed.
- R 50,000 free is available to you. This means for each R 1 you raise you get R 1 totally free up to a maximum of R 50,000 just to boost your business.
Who is Eligible?
If you are a business owner, living in South Africa and over the age of 18 years, then you can definitely participate in this initiative. Moreover, you will have to fill in a simple form to know if you qualify.
How it Works?
- Head to the form here and fill out.
- Begin setting up your campaign at Thundafund by signing up here. Submit your campaign and go live.
- Raise funds on the Thundafund platform. For each R 1 you raise, you’ll receive R 1 free to a maximum of R 50,000.