Whatsapp, the messaging app, last week launched WhatsApp Business — a free-to-download Android app for small businesses.
“Our new app will make it easier for companies to connect with customers, and more convenient for our 1.3 billion users to chat with businesses that matter to them,” the company said in a blog post.
“We want to improve the business experience. For example, by making it easier for businesses to respond to customers, separating customer and personal messages, and creating an official presence.”
Here’s what business owners can expect from the newly launched WhatsApp Business app.
- Business Profiles: Help customers with useful information such as a business description, email or store addresses, and website.
- Messaging Tools: Save time with smart messaging tools — quick replies that provide fast answers to frequently asked questions, greeting messages that introduce customers to your business, and away messages that let them know you’re busy.
- Messaging Statistics: Review simple metrics like the number of messages read to see what’s working.
- Quick Replies: Quick replies let you save and reuse messages you frequently send so you can easily answer common questions in no time.
- WhatsApp Web: Send and receive messages with WhatsApp Business on your desktop.
- Account Type: People will know that they’re talking to a business because you will be listed as a Business Account. Over time, some businesses will have Confirmed Accounts once it’s been confirmed that the account phone number matches the business phone number.
According to Whatsapp, users will not have to “download anything new” to access this version.
Whatsapp business has already launched in Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, the United Kingdom and the US. WhatsApp says that the app will roll out to other territories in the coming weeks.