Twenty-one small businesses have graduated from the rigorous two-year incubation programme offered by Property Point as part of the enterprise and supplier development initiatives of South African real estate companies Growthpoint Properties and Attacq.
Together these successful graduating small and growing businesses have created 1,122 jobs, gained 135 new clients and accessed contracts valued at over R271 million.
The entire property industry stands to benefit from the services of these professional, experienced and innovative businesses, which all offer skills and services for the real estate sector. They are:
1. TT Holdings owned by Thapelo Tlhapane
2. Arebone Building and Cleaning Enterprise owned by Dwaine Moth
3. Kusile Hygiene and Industrial Services owned by Olga and Sifiso Ncube
4. Kgoano Infrastructure Solutions owned by Kate Morekhure
5. Orizoe Services owned by Orianda Ntsompo
6. Lazar Robotics and Welding owned by Ranzel Louw
7. Mapitsi Holdings owned by Rahab Matebane
8. Imbewenhle Airconditioning and Refrigeration owned by Trueman Myeza
9. Koena Engineering and IT Solutions owned by Kagiso Mokoena
10. Inzaghi Trading and Projects owned by Clive Mailula
11. Mila Cleaning Services owned by Charlotte Khoza and Annemarie Mostert
12. Sosha Facilities owned by Rupesh Nath
13. Smith and Madisha owned by Alice Madisha
14. Ndabendala Trading Enterprise owned by Thulani Mlotshwa
15. DVY Properties and Maintenance owned by Vernon Govender
16. Nonku Ntshona Associates and Quantity Surveyors owned by Nonkululeko Ntshona
17. Thatego Holdings owned by Thabo and Dorcas Malefetse
18. Makasela Air owned by Tiyani Khoza
19. Twin Cities owned by Chris Ndongeni
20. Ndzilo Fire Protection owned by Themba Ndlovu and Henchard Njoni
21. TMT Cleaning owned by Mpho and Godfrey Sono
2018 marks a decade of impact for Property Point, which has been a driver of transformation and small business growth within the property industry over the 10 years since it was founded by Growthpoint in 2008.
In this time, it has created 2,066 full-time jobs and R865.6 million in procurement opportunities generated for the 130 SMEs that have participated in its two-year incubation programmes. These small businesses have reported 43% growth in revenue.
Shawn Theunissen, head of Property Point and Corporate Social Responsibility at Growthpoint, says: “We are incredibly proud of the achievements of the small businesses in the graduating class of 2018 and we celebrate their fundamental and exceptional growth. Property Point is also delighted to celebrate a decade of impact, during which we have become a leading partnership platform for both public and private participation in enterprise and supplier development for the property sector. From the start of our journey building sustainable small businesses, we have focused on the need to see and measure our impacts. As we say in property, we need to understand what the yield will be for our investment in small business. Just doing something isn’t enough, we want to achieve real growth and impact.”