AfriLabs; Africa’s largest network of technology and innovation hubs has said it admitted 40 new hubs into its network making it a total of 100 hubs across 30 African countries with Morocco, Algeria, Somali Land, Cote D’Ivoire, Angola and Mali as the new countries the network has reached.
According to Anna Ekeledo, Executive Director, AfriLabs, “We are pleased to report AfriLabs continued success in expanding its network. We started with 5 hubs in 2011 and we are now celebrating 100 members in 2018. The journey to 100 hubs has been an interesting one. We are thrilled with the overwhelming positive response from our network members and the tech and entrepreneurial community at large. Here’s to 100 more.”
The new members of its network came from across the 5 regions:
- Central Africa – Altoufikh International Chad, NexGen Technology Center Cameroon, Kivu Hub Congo-Kinshasa.
- West Africa – iCODE Ghana, Founders Hub Nigeria, Innovation Growth Hub Nigeria, Passion Incubator Nigeria, Civic Foundation for Innovation Nigeria, Honode Hub Ghana, Aiivon Innovation Hub Nigeria, Uplift Hub Nigeria, Roothub Accelerator Systems Nigeria, Tentmaker Ghana, CoLab Nigeria, Tribe Nigeria, Digital Development Hub Nigeria, Olotu Square Nigeria, Diaspo Hub Mali, Impact Hub Bamako Mali, DoniLab Mali, ALFTech Hub Nigeria, BabyLab Cote d’Ivoire.
- East Africa – Innovate Ventures Somalia, Mashinani Hub Kenya, Wired Startups Morocco, Eldo Hub Innovation Centre Kenya,, Sahara Accelerator Tanzania,, Nairobi Garage Kenya, Iris Hub Rwanda, Swahilipot Hub Kenya.
- North Africa – Incubme Algeria, Cairo Hackerspace Egypt, Sylabs Algeria.
- Southern Africa – Softstart Business and Technology Incubator South Africa, Green Innovation Hub (GiHUB) Zimbabwe, Y-BECA Youth Entrepreneurship Foundation South Africa, Injini South Africa, Shinga Entrepreneurship and Learning Hub Zimbabwe, iZone Hub Zimbabwe.
For seven years, AfriLabs has dedicated itself to building a community of tech hubs that share knowledge, collaborate, build capacity and network – to raise successful entrepreneurs that create jobs and develop innovative solutions to African problems.